SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
BEYOND 2020 will focus on creating clear links between the most relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the built environment. Central to our discussion will be achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal 11, Sustainable cities and communities by the 2030 deadline. From our perspective, the path towards Sustainable cities and communities (SDG11) is only possible, if other relevant SDGs are fulfilled.
- How can the building sector contribute towards the creation of Sustainable Cities and Communities (SDG11) of the future?
- What other UN SDGs (see below) should play a role in the pursuit of SDG11 from the built environment perspective?
- How does the role and importance of the UN SDGs (relevant for the built environment) differ in various parts of the world?
- What challenges and opportunities result for the building sector from implementing the UN SDGs?
In the sections below, for each of the SDGs, you can read:
- Under “In the built environment” what, to our interpretation, should be the commitment of the building sector towards the official SDGs targets;
- Under “Reference to official SDG targets” some of the official SDG targets, set by the UN for a specific SDG.